Hooray! You’ve received your Loop Carrier and are ready to give it a go! Here are a few helpful links + tips to get you started as you embark on the next phase of your babywearing experience.
Watch, learn and practice along with our straightforward video tutorials.
As it always is with babywearing, the more you do it, the more comfortable + confident you will become. Here are a few things to bear in mind as you become familiar with the Loop.
- Position the ring between your shoulder blades to start, and then adjust it higher or lower to your comfort.
- Be sure not to twist the long ends as you create the ‘X’ on your front.
- As you thread the ends through the ring on your back, come over the ring and through with the fabric. (Think: “from the outside looping in.”) Once threaded, pull the fabric directly downward—not sideways—to lock it off.
- To achieve the desired deep seat for baby, spread the cross strap closet to your body around baby, so baby is seated in the center of the cross strap like a hammock with the fabric spread from the back of one knee to the back of the other. Repeat with the outside cross strap.
The Loop carrier comes ready to wear and will soften with each use. If you’d like to expedite the “breaking in” process, feel free to use one or more of the following methods:
- Wash on cold/delicate and tumble dry on low heat. (Tip: Cover the ring with a sock for a quieter washing experience.)
- Steam with a steamer or carefully steam iron.
- Braid your wrap. It’s simple to do (and pretty for storage, too!). Here’s a link to a quick tutorial.
- Pull each end back and forth through the ring several times, allowing the continued friction to soften the fibers.
Our babywearing educator Morgan would love to connect with you for a quick fit check (just send her a pic!) or complimentary virtual consult. Feel free to get in touch anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org.